Gehl 4600, Outer wheel bearing, 4 bolt flange bearing is off, do not know which side of flange to press 2" I.D. roller bearing out, All i have is a parts book, shows the roller bearing inside of flange in parts pic Do i press the roller bearing towards the machine side of flange ? or towards the wheel side of flange ? 12 ton press did not move roller bearing towards the machine side of flange .
If it looks something like this which is what I would guess from the parts book: Notice the notches in the housing? If your housing has those, you need to turn the bearing sideways until it will slip out through those notches. No pressing, pressing make go boom. Apologies if your bearing does not look like this.
Yes my housing has the notches, no grease zert, a grease tube runs down the the inside of the chain case, do not know how grease actually gets into bearing ? chain case too narrow to fit arm into to work on, poor design Thanks for the info
I know I'm off topic a little, but at witts end. I just purchased a gehl 4600 as a project, it is missing the starter. Does anyone in here have a part number for the starter, or willing to look on your machine for a part number? The part number out of the parts manual is no longer current. Like i said in at the end of the road here and would appreciate anyone's info on the starter.
Do you still have this machine? If so can you peak at the starter and grab the numbers off it?
Did you try germanbliss.com?
Yes i did, no help what so ever.
Do you have a 4600?
We have a 3510, and a 4510. Both are ford gas engines.
This is a gehl 4600 with a perkins 4.108 diesel. They only made them for about 4 years and seem to be a unicorn on finding the starter. I have the parts diagram, repair manual and original operating manual; but none of those numbers cross reference into anything.
Did you find a starter? I've got a 4108 in a gehl.