Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t595 track screw up

Matholland618 · 2025-09-21 01:17

I have a new to me bobcat t595. The drive motor needed new seals and the brake clutch’s needed to be replaced. I got the track off, pulled the drive, resealed it with new clutches and put it back together and back onto the machine. Everything was going great, was getting late and mistakenly put the track on and didn’t get the metal nipples on the track in the right spot on front. It was dark, I had a light and I’m watching the tension as I added grease. Was getting tight, the I realized my screw up. So I go and release the grease, start pressing it in, this is where my nightmare started. I absolutely cannot get the track adjuster to go back in very far. I don’t know if it is out of alignment, I’m sure it has to be. Doesn’t make since otherwise. It’s tensioned off center. I’m about 6 hours into trying to get this stupid track off. I’m this close to using a sawzall and buying new tracks. I’ve tried bottle jack against the bucket, I’ve pryed with prybars, I’ve used pipe which is what I used originally, come along, small tractor. I’m about to loose it.

Replies3
  1. #1davo7272025-09-21 05:45

    I have a t550, the sliding frame that the front idler attaches to has an edge that catches on the main track frame and wont let it go rearward, Take a close look and youll see where you need to pry slightly to let the idler frame slide into the main frame.

  2. #2Matholland6182025-09-21 13:32

    Is this left to right if looking at the front or up and down? Haven’t never had this apart I can’t see the slide assembly.

  3. #3davo7272025-09-21 16:40

    I think it was at the top front edge of the main track frame where it catches, have to pry the idler frame down slightly to get it to go under and rearward. Im not at where my machine is for a few days.