I am trying to reseal the control valve on a t630 and can't get the actuators off. When I took the cap screws out and pull the actuator forward the connecting pin is blocked by the housing from being able to push through.
Either the actuator isn't pulled gar enough or the adapter is stuck to the actuator. The actuator needs to be fwd as far as possible and the adapter needs to be flush against the valve
Thank you for reply, So is the adapter a plastic (?) ring that should be able to be pushed forward into the actuator to give me clearance to remove the retaining pin?
the adapter between the actuator and valve is aluminum. i'm assuming the rear spool seals are leaking, if the front seal is leaking it gets into the actuator and does sometimes cause calibration issues. typically a slow return to neutral. if we have front seals leaking they get new actuators
actually it looks to me that there is a small weep hole in the spacer between the valve body and the actuators that the oil is seeping from (it may be a new design). I had noticed the oil leak (just dampness) when doing a 500 hour service in July and got a valve body kit from local dealer to put in when do for next service or when the machine was not on a job (hoping to take care of it before having a problem with hydro lock or actuator damage). What confuses me it that my dealer was not sure what kit I needed from the serial number is this normal when working on bobcats? From the outside the actuators look the same as any ACS control actuators but like I said in the opening post when I pulled it forward the connecting pin is blocked by what I think is the actuator housing or body. The machine is 60 miles from me but tomorrow morning I will go down and try to get it off again and take a picture to post on here. PS I hate when I get stumped by this kind of stuff, thanks for the help!
yea snap a couple pics, i'm having a brain fart and cant get the visual in my head...
having problems getting pics up
I can feel a definite stop as I pull actuator forward before there is clearance to remove the pin. I tried to get picture of weep hole under the spacer (?) the actuator mounts to by using a mirror but just could not get light and focus to show it.
from that pic, it looks like the actuator isnt fwd far enough. the pin hole is still partially blocked. i'd be willing to bet that actuator is junk. you can try prying fwd on it until the pin hole is uncovered, and push the pin partway out. you have a later type control valve that uses a 1piece front ( and probably) rear housing. theres no aluminum adapter, my apologies for any confusion. as i mentioned, we wont reuse an actuator thats got oil in it. ive tried cleaning them out, they never seem to work very long. you can buy the actuators, but they will need to be programmed with bobcat's service analyzer
apologize! you have to be kidding me! You have been trying to help me and I am truly thankful! As I said above there is a weep hole in the "1 piece front" so I do not think the actuator is contaminated with oil. Do you think I could power it up with the joy stick while it is not bolted on and get the actuator rod out far enough to get the pin out. There has been no trouble with the operation of the machine just a small oil leak.
Just to update, crewchief888, you nailed it; the actuator would not extend out all the way. I ended up taking the back cover off and forcing it with gear drive to get enough clearance to remove connecting pin. Here is what I found inside I can't get picture to load! It is a pinched seal from factory Assembly and a small piece of brass. I showed picture and pieces to the local salesman and the wrong seals (for the second time) and he took me back to the service department and asked them to get me everything I need and gave me 30% discount. At first I thought those actuators are to high price but the pilot control joystick aren't cheap to fix ether. BTW the shop guys had no idea to what or how that piece of brass got in there. thanks again for your help
well thats the 1st time ive ever seen a piece of debris that big stuck in a spool seal. ive had to disassemble actuators to get them off in the past, also had to cut off the heads of the bolts when heavily rusted. yea it seems like actuator prices keep going up, theres nothing cheap with bobcat's SJC & ACS systems. and bobcat kinda has you "over a barrel" with software and programming....