Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T650 fuel blockage

Terry Ferrari · 2022-02-11 21:21

Hi have a T650 that keeps stalling, I changed the fuel pump, fuel filters the lines that I could get to easily. It randomly shuts down and the primer bulb is flat which indicated the blockage is between the pickup from fuel tank and the primer bulb. I blow compressed down it and it usually unclogs and runs for a while again before shutting down I've tried the fuel treatment that I supposed to break down debris on the tank, That did seem to send a lot of crap tot he filter but problem persists. I drained the tank, still the same I cannot see a screen in the actual pickup tube or shown separate in the tank (see pic) Any other suggestion as to how to fix this. Removing the engine to change the tank is a non starter for me thanks in advance

Replies8
  1. #1willie592022-02-11 21:30

    The newer Bobcat machines no longer use a screen on the end of the pickup tube, they simply use a rigid poly tube in the tank. It sounds like you have a piece of suspended debris inside the tank, that's going to be damn near impossible to remove. I worked on a Deere dozer once that had an intermittent stalling problem, tried everything, finally ran the tank low enough to peek in the fill hole and see a plastic grocery shopping bag in the tank. I doubt you have that problem, but similar piece of debris floating around in there. Not really a good way to flush out a Bobcat tank that I'm aware of.

  2. #2thepumpguysc2022-02-12 11:04

    How about running it w the tank cap loose or off..

  3. #3Terry Ferrari2022-02-12 16:13

    How would running with tank cap loose help? I guess it would remove any vacuum. I'll sure give it a try

  4. #4Terry Ferrari2022-02-12 16:14

    Have just had a semi brainwave. Does anyone know how easy the pickup tube is to get to on the T650? It looks pretty central in the picture. Am hoping they won't have tucked it under the engine or hydrostatic pump. Was going to replace the elbow and grommet anyway. Am thinking wait until the bulb gets flat (which means its gripping the culprit hard) then try to remove grommet and elbow, lift out with the pickup tube and possibly the offending culprit still attached. May even run a thin vacuum tube down the hole when open and suck out any additional crud I can find.

  5. #5Txhayseed2022-02-17 23:32

    You can remove the pick up tube by lifting the cab. Its on left hand side if your looking from the front of the machine. You got to get up in there but not hard to access it

  6. #6Terry Ferrari2022-02-19 20:46

    UPDATE I could not find the pickup tube. So I drilled a new hole at front left of machine (next to vent line) and installed a screened pickup tube and ran a new fuel line from there to filter. Machine is running perfectly. Got there in the end. Thanks for all the advice

  7. #7nieto002024-05-29 17:54

    i have rhe same problem my t590 has the pick up tube under the engine i can’t see it only can touch with my finger no room to remove it any suggestions

  8. #8nieto002024-05-29 17:56

    i did disconeted the bolb prime that goes to the thank and fuil come with presure out