Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t650 right track trouble

Hacory1 ยท 2016-12-29 03:11

Good day everybody. I have a 2013 Bobcat t650 with 1300 hours. Boss man picked it up at auction for snow plowing this winter. I did the usual check over oils, lines, controls, belts and such. Engine oil was horrible, hydraulic fluid was little to none, changed both. This is my first skid steer to have to work on and so far it's been a learning experience. This site has been very helpful along with some videos from the inter webs. So it worked great at blowing snow for a month or so. Just the other day I was finishing up when the right drive track started acting funny. It freed up for 10-12 ft and completely shut down. Barely any movement front or back. Left track works as it has been. The display would beep and flash a symbol of a "can" with an ! in it. Popped a 509 and 514 code then automatically shut down. Let it cool off while I check the machine for leaks and Google the code. Hydrallic Res was full and no leaks. I have been ruling things out as I read about them and check them over. Man this thing has alot of filters. Got to the hydrostatic pump filter between seat and engine compartments, pulled said filter checked for metal. No metal fragments to be found. After putting filter back on and starting machine to check for leaks the right drive track started working again. Drove it 20-25 ft, hopped out to pick up something and when I got back in the right drive track no longer worked. So I'm stuck again. Question is did I miss something along the way and where do I go from here. I saw a thread about a case drain filter, but I can't seem to find one in plain sight. Also wondering if the big sprocket looking thing in the track has froze up or something. Thank you for your help and understanding. I look forward to learning more about this machine.

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882016-12-30 18:22

    i dont think that machine case a case drain filter. sounds like the brake is not releasing on that side. could be a lot of causes, debris plugging the hose from the brake valve to motor, bad brake valve/solenoid/stem i would check the fan filter for metal debris. :drinkup

  2. #2Hacory12016-12-30 18:49

    Thank you for responding crew chief. I considered the locked up brake but figured if it came loose and moved 20-25ft then locked up again the brake wouldn't release and get stuck without turning the machine off. I could be wrong of course. The day after posting, a leak developed from behind the planetary sprocket. The boss and I decided it was time to call in a mobile heavy equipment tech. I would love to fix this myself but we just don't have the equipment to do so here on site. The mobile tech said a seal was blown on the planetary gear and we probably have a shot gear or bearing. He thinks the motor is fine. Unfortunately we are going to need a haul company come out and take the Bobcat to the shop so they can fix it there. While it's in the shop they will go through the whole machine and give it a clean bill of health. Considering we got it from auction it will be nice to have a clean slate to move forward with. If I had the means/tools to fix this on site that would be great but at this point I'm not sure what to do and we need this to keep the snow from piling up. Thank you again for your response and if something jumps out to you as an "ah ha" fix I'll be happy to give it a try and save the time/money sending it off.