Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t650 tilt hydraulics

Gf59 · 2024-07-31 13:10

New guy here I do a lot of research or reading on here. Lots of knowledgeable people on here so here goes. I’ve got a 2017 t650 and the tilt drifts down while running. It’s an intermittent problem.It seems to be worse when I first start using it and the more load that’s on it the faster it drifts down It does have a whine that gets louder with increased rpm it’s more noticeable about 1/2 throttle and up that I think it is coming from the hydraulics. It does it all the time doesn’t matter if I’m using the hydraulics or not. Thanks for any advice

Replies7
  1. #1ozarkag2024-07-31 22:40

    Does it also drift while parked? Or only when hydraulics are unlocked?

  2. #2Gf592024-07-31 22:53

    I’m pretty sure it does it either way I will have to check and see. I really only notice it when I’m moving dirt or something with the bucket and I have to keep tilting the bucket so it doesn’t hit the ground.

  3. #3ozarkag2024-07-31 22:57

    Try parking with bucket full and rolled back. If it's a cylinder it will leak down sitting there. If it does, capping hoses to one cylinder at a time can isolate the problem one. OR. . . Prove both good and need to dig deeper. My guess is a cylinder seal, as that would be most common.

  4. #4Gf592024-08-01 01:15

    Ok I’ll try that I appreciate the advice.

  5. #5TIredoldparts2024-08-02 20:57

    my t300 was doing this recently. ended up being a seal in one cylinder was blown out, on top of the gland nut being loose. I capped the upper line, and moved the cylinder one way. it went for a bit til the pressure built up behind it then it reversed direction. easy way to tell.

  6. #6Gf592024-08-02 23:39

    So it shouldn’t move at all either way am I understanding that right?

  7. #7Gf592024-08-02 23:44

    I forgot to check it with a load today but I ran it for an hour or so and I didn’t notice it. I think it might be worse when it’s cold outside. It does have a hydraulic whine tho all the time the more rpm the high pitch and louder it gets. I don’t even run full rpm because it’s loud and I’m afraid I’m hurting the pump or something