Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T650 vs Kubota SVL75-2

Barry45 · 2017-01-25 06:18

Hey Everyone. First time posting, long time viewer. Im in the market for a ctl and have it narrowed down between a T650 and SVL75-2. Would be using for grading and landscape installs, hardscaping and snow removal. Just wanted to see if anyone had any personal experiences with either or both. Price is pretty comparable on the two(bobcat is slightly more.). From the specs, it seems like you get a little more machine with the bobcat. My main question is lift capacity. Should you go off 35% of tip or 50% of tip for an accurate lift capacity? If 50%, will the machine do it safely without putting unwanted stress on the machine. The kubota dealer told me the 75 would lift 3500lbs but the bobcat dealer told me to go off of 35% tip. Also, kubota comes with a 2 year warranty but bobcat only comes with a 1 year warranty. Both dealers are relatively close to me. Thanks for all your help!

Replies18
  1. #1JS3002017-01-25 07:29

    I'm also looking at the Kubota SVL75 to replaces our Case 450. I've had a hard time comparing models and dealers aren't very helpful. Flipping between websites comparing models gets old quick too. I'm Leaning towards the Kubota now, mainly because of the slide up door and simpler display. I know having the better display with more info is nice but that thing has to be a couple grand when it fails.

  2. #2Rentalstop2017-01-27 19:50

    My vote is for the Bobcat. Years more experience in the market. Test drive them both if you can. Try out the lift capacity if that's important to you. Maybe unloading sod or landscape materials. Last time I bought a Bobcat they had one year full warranty and 3year/3000 hour engine warranty. Maybe even 3year/3000 hour driveline.

  3. #3chevy942017-02-02 11:22

    My vote is for the Kubota. I personally would not buy a machine that did not have a fully welded & integrated undercarriage. I also really like the convenience of a roll-up door and really like how roomy the cabs on them are. I also like that they use their own engines. http://www.equipmentworld.com/infographic-compact-track-loader-sales-and-buyer-trends/ Looks like the Kubota's are becoming more popular nationwide based on this article. However, it all comes down to dealer support and what you like the best, I would demo both and see which best suits you.

  4. #4Hysert2017-02-08 08:50

    We run a kubota svl90... I'm orange bias own 5 different orange units and over the years about 10 now! I have never had a major repair on any of them!!! Our SVL has 2000hrs and still original undercarriage!! That's a huge factor, most other brands are replacing them at 12-1500hrs and at roughly 6k it's a big cost... bobcat would be my next choice but the cabs are so small compared to the kubota.... if your needed options for several different attachments then bobcat is the way to go aswell...

  5. #5Dlange2017-02-12 11:05

    Been running both all last year/ go Kubota

  6. #6bobcat12017-02-12 16:33

    We have had a T 650 for 6 years since they first came out. It will pick a skid of sakrete concrete mix with out any problem. It has run with out any major repairs and vertical lift works great for our terra lift unit.

  7. #7Barry452017-02-13 22:00

    Thanks for all the input fellas. I think I am leaning towards the kubota but the last sticking point is 2 spd travel. Bobcat is roughly 3 mph faster in 2 spd which could make a world of difference for snow removal. But my gut is telling me kubota.

  8. #8OTG AuGres2017-12-09 23:15

    So am I correct that the Kubota is hyd over hyd controls and the Bobcat is elec over hyd? Saw a comparison of the two systems and I think I’d prefer hyd over hyd.

  9. #9gearhead822017-12-11 09:30

    Coming from Hyd over Hyd, I was not a fan of the EH controls on my Bobcat. However, after a few days in the seat, I was glad that I switched. Because I can dial in the sensitivity based on the job I am doing, I find it much more useful.

  10. #10Fine Touch Landscaping2017-12-12 12:47

    If you're able to, I'd try to demo both units first to test the speed yourself. Bobcat tends to inflate some specs, especially top speed

  11. #11cdm1232017-12-17 22:42

    Speed is not everything in snow removal, if you go to fast you don't get down to asphalt.

  12. #12KSSS2017-12-18 17:08

    Three MPH is no small difference, and while going too fast can make you skip over the snow pack, you can always go slower in those conditions but for everything else you wont be able to go any faster. If snow removal is a big part of what you need the machine for, I don't think you can over look that. The Kubota would cost you money to run in comparison to the BC. Tracked machines are slow anyway, having one that is 3 mph slower than another is big issue even in the dirt. However if your snow contracts can absorb the time, and your good in the dirt with running slower and if you like the Kubota you could make it work.

  13. #13Sturgill2017-12-18 18:04

    I have the Kubota, I only run the 2nd speed if on dirt/grass and empty (nothin in the bucket). I am not a fan of running the faster speed with a load on the drive train. It will lift anything you can scoop in the bucket, I have had no problems with it and have 500hrs on machine. You might want to get more input on snow removal with a track machine, they don't have much of a suspension, IMHO wheeled machines would be better suited.

  14. #14mx7272017-12-22 18:09

    If you are going to run a snow blower, make sure Kubota knows that so that you get enough switches. I believe it is still an option. You can read more about it here: https://www.skidsteergenius.com/apps/help-center#kubota-14-pin-electric-controls Personally, I wouldn't get either. I don't like Bobcat's system of having to have a controller board on all of their attachments that have more than one hydraulic function. Can be a real pain to run third party attachments. Essentially, Bobcat wants you buying just their stuff.

  15. #15JS3002017-12-22 23:09

    I just bought an SVL 75-2 and the 2 speed is a great feature. I looked at 3 mph difference too. After going 7 mph I’m not sure I would want to go 10 mph, 7 is rough enough for me.

  16. #16KSSS2017-12-26 18:12

    Does Kubota have ride control as an option?

  17. #17JS3002017-12-26 18:55

    No ride control that I’m aware of. They do offer it on thier ag tractors though. It’s called KSSR or something close to that, I wish I would have gotten it on my last tractor heard it really helps.

  18. #18KSSS2017-12-26 19:45

    It makes a major difference in skid steers, and while it is a little less impressive on a tracked machine in my opinion it still worth the price of the option.