Hello, I'm having an issue with my bobcat t740. It has intermittently thrown this m1732 in past, usually a restart of the machine and it's gone. This time it's persistent. Today I spent a few hours taking off the hydraulic lock valve and solenoid, bench tested the unit and the solenoid actuated the valve, pulling about 1.5 amps. Ohm meter reads about 8.5 ohms (manual says 9.8 ohm is spec) across the solenoid terminals. Put it back in the machine, same problem. I then inspected and cleaned the fuse for gateway controller. Started machine and it worked fine!... for about 5 minutes. As I was spreading some dirt it threw the code. Proceeded to check the connector into the gateway controller, all pins and connector look fine, no corrosion or burning evidence. Wire from gateway controller to the solenoid checked out fine, 0.2ohm resistance. Same with the solenoid ground. I ordered a new solenoid to try it out, but I'm not convinced that's going to solve anything. Wondering if anyone else has tackled this? Only thing I can think of that's different now is it's quite cold, been in the 20s all day. It's a shame bobcat couldn't design the thing with the same solenoids for all the safety valves, so you could swap one over and see if it's the wiring/solenoid/spool valve/etc. thanks, john
Your on the right path. We keep a Bics coil on the shelf, they do tend to fail. Seems as though the windings start to fail and will code.
Following up: I replaced just the solenoid and all is working again.
Did you have to do a reset on the computer? How? I replaced both solenoids and it still locked up.
No you don't. Bobcat basically resets on every key on. Will only show currently active codes. Which code is yours showing?
m1732 . I replaced both lock solenoids no help.
I had made another post already, did some more searching and I probably need the Hydraulic Solenoid Coil and Valve Stem which is also on the hydraulic module under the cab but a separate item from the solenoids that I already replaced. So I will be back at the dealer monday to spend $300.
You are correct. Should be 6671025, (verify with your serial number). $ 104 from Bobcat online or try one from Ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/222561692777
Should I replace the valve portion too or just the coil? That number shows not for my serial number. I will be going to the dealer monday, I cant wait for mail order. 7304852 shows to be right. coil and valve assy.
Just coil
Anyone have the diagram of the hydraulic module that lists which coils and solenoids are which?
I use bobcats online parts catalog https://partscatalog.bobcat.com/
The hydr module has a lot of coils and solenoids and I dont see a pic of them labeled, they all look the same.
maybe i can talk the dealer into printing me a page off the service manual.
Success, oddly though both of the part numbers listed as possible for the interlock coil for my 2016 T550 had 6 inch long wiring pigtails that didnt match up with my machine wiring. My old coil had no pigtail at all. I cut the pigtails off my machine wiring and off the new coil and spliced the 2 wires together and it works fine. Two spool lock solenoids and one interlock coil = $400 total.