Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat t750 fuel use

Rflandscape · 2014-02-16 20:27

Just purchased a 2014 t750 interim tier4. I've put about 10hrs on it and the fuel consumption is horrible. Also fills a little underpower! Just wondering if anyone's experienced this. Thanks for you input!

Replies5
  1. #1CRAFT2014-02-16 22:18

    So ??? ……What are you calling Horrible Consumption ??? …….. Give us an Idea Gal/Hr or Litres/Hr or how many Gal you used in how many hrs of use ….. and What kind of work were you doing running around with a bucket or running a Hi-flow attachment at WOT ???

  2. #2Rflandscape2014-02-16 22:38

    27 gals in 5 to 6 hrs. Just normal grading. I was cutting in a small driveway and grading around a new house. It's not a high flow either. I filled up at 730 and the warning light was on by 230. I was running it at WOT because it doesn't seem to like it at half throttle. Very underpowered at half throttle.

  3. #3KSSS2014-02-17 01:24

    That is 4.5 gallons an hour figured at 6 hours X $3.50 a gallon=just under $100 just in fuel. That is horrible. My 465 running a HF forestry mulcher uses that kind of fuel. I would assume there is something wrong with the machine. The low power, combined with high fuel usage would suggest that something is wrong, perhaps with the turbo (just a guess).

  4. #4CRAFT2014-02-17 01:42

    That sounds horribly wrong ! …… It is a new machine, but even tho it may have a break-in program programmed into it, from what you tell us you were doing for work doesn't sound right, maybe if you were powering a mulcher like KSSS was speaking of …… But really even my simular sized Bcat with all of the Hi-flow attachments I use burns @ WOT about 1-1.5 gal/hr less than you Post ……. Better get it checked out !

  5. #5crewchief8882014-02-21 15:32

    from what i've seen and heard the new M series T IV efi engines burn a lot more fuel than the IT IV engine. you mention "underpowered" the EFI engine doesnt load up and bog down like the TIII & IT IV engines did. if you are having lifting "power" issues, check the main relief setting, we've found a couple of them down 200-300 PSI :drinkup