I just purchased a 2011 Bobcat T770 it has the tier 3 kubota engine. I was thinking of doing an EGR delete but can't find any info if it will hurt the motor or trip codes. Has anyone done this to their machine? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks
is there a problem with the EGR?
The EGR is working fine at this time. But I have seen the intake on a buddies Cummins 6.7 and all the soot in there. Trying to keep the engine clean inside so thought about deleting it. If it won't cause other problems. This is my first machine with EGR. Everything else is old school. I do most of the repairs myself, up to engine rebuilds, just not up on the computerized stuff. I do have a service manual on order but they said 4-6 weeks to get it.
if nothing is wrong with the EGR leave it alone...
Is this one of the “run the snot out of it” engines that doesn’t respond well to being run long periods at low load..?
I hope not!! I have been running it 1/4 to 1/2 throttle in most cases. I know that it does not have DPF, as it has a standard muffler off the turbo.
Is this what your looking for:
It's been my experience that if a machine has an EGR, even if no other exhaust treatment,i should be run at full throttle and minimal idle, 5 minutes most, if you want any kind of life out of your engine,. Lots of premature failures from wet stacking.
In my experience most if not all diesel engines benefit from running at full load for at least a part of their operating cycle. Engines that are run consistently at low load almost always suffer from some type of elevated engine wear/high oil consumption and EGR issues for newer emission-related engi. Run the snot out of it for at least 5 mins for every hour you work it would be my opinion. There was a thread somewhere about running emissions-related engines (which would include yours) at low loads. I wish I could find a link to it.
Thanks for the info on running it at a higher load than I have been. Also the video is what I was looking for. Thanks again for all the good info.
Found it ........... Read posts 39 & 40 from two guys who are forum experts in the field of compact equipment ........ HeavyEquipmentForums