Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T595 Auto Idle quit working

OTG AuGres · 2019-06-02 11:39

2018 Machine, 150 hours. Subject says it all. Dash light indicates that it is active, just never idles down. Set at 004 seconds. I’ve tried setting at different intervals, same results. Anything obvious I’m missing or suggestions before taking it to the dealer? Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1dirtmonkey2019-06-08 14:56

    Ok. Stupid question i gotta ask. Not meant to insult. Is your foot off of the throttle pedal ? I only ask because I thought i had the same issue. My dumb ass was holding the pedal down out of habit.

  2. #2OTG AuGres2019-06-08 22:27

    lol. Not that stupid, but I appreciate you asking. Nope, that’s not the problem.

  3. #3dirtmonkey2019-06-13 18:47

    Figure it out yet? Just curious.

  4. #4OTG AuGres2019-06-13 19:36

    Nope. Currently on vacation. Probably end up taking it to the dealer next week. It’s not a deal breaker, I just miss the convenience.

  5. #5dirtmonkey2019-06-13 20:48

    Gotcha. Enjoy your vacation !

  6. #6Canadian_digger2019-06-18 21:33

    When I got my brand new T740 the auto idle was not working. If I remember right I had to calibrate the foot peddle. My dealer walked me through the process. It was simple. Sorry don’t remember how it was done.

  7. #7OTG AuGres2019-06-19 17:47

    Thanks CD...this sent me in the right direction. Found an older post on how to calibrate the foot pedal, and that corrected the problem. Now that I think about it, the machine would never rev to full RPM using the foot pedal, but now it does. After all this time, a 2 minute fix. Glad I didn’t waste the time taking it to the dealer.

  8. #8DirtCrawler2019-10-27 22:08

    Curious, is your throttle pedal (complete assembly-pad and arm) metal or rigid plastic. ??

  9. #9OTG AuGres2019-10-27 22:19

    Plastic....I quit using the foot throttle. Every time I do, it seems I have to recalibrate for auto idle to work m

  10. #10DirtCrawler2019-10-27 22:26

    Ok, saw one in a T590 the other day and could have sworn they were metal. Seemed kinda cheap and flimsy for a foot pedal... Didnt they used to be metal in the bobcats on prior machines.?

  11. #11OTG AuGres2019-10-28 22:21

    This is my first Bobcat, so I really can’t comment on prior models. You’re right,it seems pretty cheap. Honestly, one of very few complaints I have with the T595. Overall, it’s a powerful and robust machine for its size and weight.