Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T770 problems

Shimmy1 ยท 2022-03-29 17:17

Serial AT6315542 Need seal kit for drive motor. Apparently none available in the country. Have contacted Bobcat directly with no luck. They are claiming 30 weeks. It's a Rexroth motor. Here is the data plate.

Replies16
  1. #1DB22022-03-29 19:53

    Might have better luck disassembling and going after the individual seals.

  2. #2AzIron2022-03-29 20:00

    Motion industry's Possibly sun source would be worth checking Chances are that rexroth is using those drive motors in other applications

  3. #3Bloody Knuckles2022-03-29 20:37

    Might have to go with a reman. When you can find a kit, reseal it and use it as a spare?? I found the R921811765 MCR10 motor on Rexroth web site but I'll be damn if I can find a seal kit for it. 7299300REM Drive Motor, Remanufactured, 7299300REM $4,475.93

  4. #4Shimmy12022-03-29 23:22

    Checked both those. Nothing

  5. #5Shimmy12022-03-30 21:33

    Anyone else have any ideas? Drive motor 7440632 Seal kit 7324103 All I really need is this seal 7324104

  6. #6DB22022-03-30 21:41

    No decent hydraulic shops nearby? Try Kepco in Winnipeg. Probably need dimensions. They sell seals not motors.

  7. #71466IH2022-03-30 21:43

    Quality Hydrostatics http://www.qualityhydrostatics.com/

  8. #8Bloody Knuckles2022-03-30 22:42

    DXP in Sioux Falls might be able to help with just the seal but DB2 is right they will need dimensions. OD of the shaft, ID of what it's being pressed into and if it's a double lip seal

  9. #9Shimmy12022-03-31 18:04

    $500 finder's fee for anyone that can get me this seal.

  10. #10farmerlund2022-03-31 19:33

    My brother is at the factory in Gwinner. I sent him the information. Will see if he finds anygthing

  11. #11Shimmy12022-03-31 21:44

    Thanks. I have a close friend also whose brother is a high-brow engineer there. This is asinine. The problem is this motor is proprietary to Bobcat. Rexroth produces it, but will not sell parts for it. Had a guy today that has tried before, but has only been able to get the seal from Bobcat. Also, to complicate matters, this seal isn't some ordinary lip seal, so it can't be outsourced. Thanks everyone who has tried to help, but this is going to fall directly on Bobcat's head. We have filed a complaint with the corporate office, hoping they will pull a motor off the assembly line, but havent heard back yet

  12. #12Shimmy12022-03-31 21:58

    This isn't going to be an option from what I'm being told. This seal is some proprietary design only produced for Bobcat.

  13. #13Shimmy12022-03-31 22:00

    This is the old style motor.

  14. #14Bloody Knuckles2022-03-31 23:08

    I was thinking about this today and was wondering if Bobcat had a Proprietary Purchase Agreement with Rexroth.... We use to run into that every once in a while on large equipment bearings and electronic equipment where the component manufacture had it but you could only get it from the machine assembler.

  15. #15farmerlund2022-04-01 10:22

    Not looking good Shimmy. They can't even get enough drive motors to build new machines. He is still looking but not having any luck.

  16. #16Elit Litium2022-12-13 08:43

    Greetings from Ukraine. I was able to buy it from this link https://shop.bobcat.com/shaft-seal-for-track-loaders-7324104