I'm working on a Bobcat T870 s/n B47C15694. It can be hard to start and when you run it any faster than mid throttle it will die after a little bit. Let it sit for alittle bit and it usually will restart after you crank it for awhile. It will set these fault codes: P0087 Injector Rail pressure Sensor P0254 Fuel metering Valve It acts like it is running out of fuel. I was going to check fuel flow to the pump next. Didn't know if anyone has had this or has any ideas.
Could you run it off a jerry can to help isolate if there is a fuel tank problem. It will or will not run off a separate fuel tank with return into a separate tank not tank return. Simon C
I think that is what I am going to try to do with it today. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Just an update on this machine. So I hooked up a fuel line before the filter and pump and put it in a jerry can. Still did not pump very well. I hooked up another fuel pump with fuel line still in the jerry can. It pumped fuel good then. Hooked up the different pump to the fuel line coming from the tank and it did not pump good. I found a check valve in the fuel line that was plugged up. I just took the check valve out, replaced the fuel pump and it seems to be working fine.
Glad you found what is happening. Let us know if something happens again for our archives. Simon C