Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T870 fault codes

kevman6 ยท 2021-12-27 22:50

Just had out Bobcat T870 skid steer Serial # ASWT12057 apart for some new hoses and AC lines. Have fault codes that were there prior to work of E005246-25 Tampering fault, U004360-03 SCR pre-treatment sensor out of range high, and M6803 hvac relay error off. I know that's a lot to through out there at one time, but attempting to get this machine up and running the way it should. I drained the DEF tank and put in fresh DEF fluid to be sure that wasn't going to contribute to the problem. Is there a test for the pre treatment sensor?

Replies6
  1. #1kevman62021-12-27 23:30

    We did remove all the exhaust system and radiator and cooling fan, and then reassembled them. Pretty sure they all went back where they belong. Followed the diagrams and kinda hard to get mixed up. Which sensor would be the Pre-treatment temperature sensor?

  2. #2kevman62021-12-28 18:30

    Today we checked ohms on the two SCR temp sensors. one has resistance and the other is open. Not sure which is the good one. One dealer says the one at pre treatment just outside the manifold should be at fault, the other dealer says the one at the end of the muffler should be at fault. I believe that sensor should be post treatment, but one dealer is saying that should be the faulty one. Neither dealer has ohm specifications on the sensors. I read somewhere that there are two types of temp sensors, one type neg readings and the other pos readings. Not sure if this applies to bobcats or not. Any ideas? They are $300 each. I'd rather not guess, they are different part numbers.

  3. #3kevman62021-12-29 09:51

    After further research, this system only has one temp sensor in the SCR. The other temp sensor is at the inlet to the DOC. Seeing that the dosing module injects into the center of the SCR, it makes sense that the temp sensor is at the end of the SCR inlet. Guess I will believe the dealer that knows which sensor is which. )

  4. #4tool_king2021-12-29 20:43

    Let see what I can pull up on it .

  5. #5kevman62021-12-31 13:04

    Replaced the pre treatment sensor, tampering warning and sensor high warning went out. It will now respond to RPM controls )

  6. #6kevman62021-12-31 13:37

    Now that the pre-temp sensor warning went away, the Tampering warning came back along with code U005435-12 General pressure ck fault. RPM control is still OK I just love SCR systems. Looking for anyone who might have dealt with this and might solve the problem.