Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat T870 SCR general pressure fault

kevman6 ยท 2022-01-01 09:50

I created a new thread so someone with knowledge of DEF systems would not have to follow a prior post. I have a 2016 T870 bobcat ser# ASWT12057. I have a fault warning of U005435-12 (general pressure check fault). I cannot find any reference as to where a pressure sensor might be or how it is monitored. There is a filter in the DEF pump, but no reference as to pressure. Any assistance is appreciated. This fault has also triggered the tampering code. Earlier we had a pretreatment temperature sensor high code, which triggered the tampering code. Once the sensor was replaced the tampering code went away. Now I'm dealing with another code for General Pressure Check.

Replies9
  1. #1tool_king2022-01-02 23:49

    I will try and get you that information on it .

  2. #2kevman62022-01-03 11:56

    It seems like we are chasing this SCR system all around. Today I tapped on the DEF pump and the general pressure code no longer comes on. We let the machine sit and Idle foe awhile because we still had a tampering fault. When we shut the machine off and restarted it, we now have a code for U003226-19 (NOX post-treatment sensor), U003227-19 (post-treatment sensor), and U003216-19 (pre-treatment NOX sensor). Also the Tampering fault. Not sure what's going on. Then after shutting down and restarting, the only code that reappeared is the tampering warning.

  3. #3kevman62022-01-06 12:23

    Tool_king : The only fault I have left is the "Tampering fault" Any way to clear this? There are no codes to follow up on, and the local dealer said just use it and it will prob go away. The problem is that it is in Derate and will only idle

  4. #4BigWrench552022-01-06 16:34

    The tampering code had to be cleared with software. The nox sensor codes are most likely because def is not being dosed do to the tampering code.

  5. #5kevman62022-01-06 19:18

    Thanks Paul. We will take it by a dealer next. I sure have learned alot about the SCR systems lately. Luckily I was an emissions tester in Colorado many years ago and had a head start on some understanding of how the systems work. They have sure changed in the last 30 years. There just isn't much reference material available easily without help. Thanks again for jumping in.

  6. #6BigWrench552022-01-06 19:42

    They sure have... I'm not sure if this new emission stuff is worth the hassle. I spend 90% of my time repairing emission faults. These new machines are built quite well and probably would run thousands of hours without issue. If not for the emissions faults.

  7. #7kevman62022-02-09 17:02

    Paul Council It finally took awhile, but both Nox sensors were bad per the dealer. They wanted $2000 each for them. The numbers in the catalog were proprietary numbers to Bobcat so they wouldn't cross to anything. We got manufacturer part numbers off the back side of the sensors and were able to find some used ones for $100 each. All is working, so far so good.

  8. #8Dallon Ogle2023-06-17 16:32

    So, got the U104332-09 NOX pretreatment fault (and the tampering fault e005246-25). Found the sensor which had fallen all the way out (it was just in for service on a burst main piston-unrelated---so it feels really sketchy). I replaced the sensor and inspected it. It seems to be ok. Is there a way to reset so I can idle back up? I turned it back on and it did not clear.

  9. #9crewchief8882023-06-24 10:15

    if you replaced a sensor it probably needs to be "relearned" and the tampering code cleared with doosan software. it's been a while since i looked at part replacement in doosans software