Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat track alignment

Tbirdhead ยท 2017-01-09 20:56

Hello eveyone. I just bought a 2003 bobcat t250, it has new tracks and sprockets. When I'm standing behind the machine, looking at the left side track, it looks like the 'top' is cambered in, toward the machine. I know bobcat made a few different sprockets, my guesstimation is that someone put the wrong drive sproket on. I'm hoping I dont have a bigger mess on my hands than just that! I'm looking for any info related to these tracked.machines, how many different offsets are there for bobcat sprockets? And what else could cause such a miss alignment from the rear idler to the drive? Before I bought it I checked all the rollers etc. Knowing the cost of undercarriage maintenance! Thanks for any help!

Replies4
  1. #1RMex2017-01-10 15:41

    I have a 2010 T300 and has the same issue. What the dealer told me was that most of the large frame track loaders came with that camber from the factory. The solution they told me to do was to unbolt each side and put a washer on the top of both sides till its straightened out, I have yet to do it since I only have about 300hrs left in these tracks

  2. #2Tbirdhead2017-01-11 19:47

    Ok, thanks for the reply. I was worried about this misalignment causing premature track wear, it seem to me that its always stretching the outside of the track. I am going to try shimming it, or something to correct it. I want the tracks to last as long as possible, it will only be myself or someone I trust to run it! How many hour do you have on your tracks now, you said only 300 hrs left? Any tips on owning a T250/300?

  3. #3crewchief8882017-01-12 09:08

    there are 2 different sprockets one for early design drive motors, and one for the later style motor. they are vastly different, and extremely noticable before the track is on. like the previous poster mentioned, a lot of bobcats have the leaning track frames. the guys that notice extreme track wear are usually the ones that are doing donuts in the street. we've done a couple machines that were really leaning bad. we cut out some 1/8" -3/16" plates and slipped them between the track frame and mainframe. :drinkup

  4. #4Ron Crudge2023-04-11 14:38

    I have cat 257b3 Doing undercarriage How do i align frame rails to frame? Should they be square?