My Bobcat 753 is stuck in the mud at about a 45 degree angle dipping down toward the front left. I think I can get it out tomorrow but the odd thing is that while trying to get it out the hydraulics to the arms and bucket stopped working, although came back on briefly. Also, I now have to push the traction lock button when I start it otherwise the brakes are stuck on. Any suggestions why these two things are going on? Does it have something to do with the tilt of the machine? I don't think I got much or any water in the engine compartment. Thanks, Bob
The hydraulics could be sucking air at that steep an angle. Don't let it run for more than a few minutes at idle without the hydraulics working, and not even that if you can avoid it. No idea on the brakes, but get it flat and it might just go away?
was the oil full before you got stuck, if not you might add some oil first and save the pump.
G'day, I had a similar problem while transporting large steel frames up and down a steep slope. After a certain angle the hydraulics cut out as a safety measure. You have to use traction over ride button to engage traction and jockey the machine around until you get a 'lesser angle'. I expect you are facing the same problem. Won't work beyond its' design limits. I hope you get on level ground again. Just push the over ride an try to move out of that angle. Regards, MX45
Next to selling your boat, getting your equipment unstuck is the best feeling ever. Thanks for all the great advice! A neighbor was able to pull me out with his pickup and once I was on level ground the hydraulics and the brakes operated normally. My guess is that they stopped working due to the extreme angle I was stuck at. Lessons learned: Don't get too far off the gravel road when it has been raining like crazy and be thankful for helpful people. Thanks, Bob