Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat X-Change System Question????

WC46 ยท 2005-08-20 17:36

I would like to switch my 331 over to the X-change system instead of the pin on buckets. I don't want to have to go out and buy all new buckets though. Does anyone know if bobcat sells a weld on x-change plate to match the x-change system?

Replies5
  1. #1itsgottobegreen2005-11-02 22:21

    From what I have been told. The X-change system has a completely different set of buckets. So you have to buy a whole new set of buckets. A dumb move on bobcats part. Its upset a lot of people who wanted the X-change and found that part out.

  2. #2xkvator2005-11-03 00:01

    yes...you can buy the weld on x-change plates from Bobcat. you have to burn off the pin lugs on the buckets first.

  3. #3cat3202005-11-03 08:09

    I think from bobcats point it was a smart move .we will have to buy there buckets or or the plates if you want there system makes them $$ every way. I don't know if any one really noticed but every one made there skid steer plats for the bucket like bobcat so there attachemnts will fit . bob cat leads the way but the other co's are no fools .lol

  4. #4xkvator2005-11-03 09:23

    the x-change system is for the excavator buckets...and they have an updated version that uses a pin instead of the original spring latch. i have the original x-change with no problems and can change buckets in 30 seconds.

  5. #5CascadeScaper2005-11-04 00:42

    I'm assuming non X-change buckets have the 2 pins. Why don't you just buy a Werk-Brau, CWS, or PSM grabber coupler? That would be the cheapest and I'm sure one of them would fit that pin setup.