Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat 320

DIXIE ยท 2005-08-19 20:30

How Do You Like That Machine?

Replies5
  1. #1cat3202005-08-19 21:15

    Well belive it or not I have only driven one at an auction .

  2. #2DIXIE2005-08-19 21:19

    320 Do You Have One And Someone Else Run It .or Do You Not Have One At All

  3. #3cat3202005-08-19 21:32

    I don't have one just a backhoe and a skid steer If i need anything bigger i get it from nations rent

  4. #4CascadeScaper2005-08-21 02:42

    320's are very able machines, I haven't run one extensively though, just toyed around with one. I spent 2 days on a 315CL doing a job and I really liked that machine. I've also ran a 312CL and prefer the 315 if space allows, 20 more HP really makes a difference. Plus the reach is quite a bit better and the extra counterweight is pretty nice, I was lifting high up stacking apple trees I ripped out of the ground and the 315 is incredibly stable. Plus, Cat makes A/C and radio standard now, it's great! My dealer equips all of their excavators with a Cat hydraulic Q/C which is really cool, and switching attachments is really quick.

  5. #5BKrois2005-08-21 18:28

    We have 2 320's where i work. Once has had a hammer on it all its life and has 9k hours i believe, and the other has 7k hours or so and has not had a hammer, just a grapple sometimes for demo jobs. Both are later model 320BL and are both front line machines.