I have a 1995 Bobcat X325 mini excavator and I am questioning the strength of its hydraulics. I am questioning this because I have seen videos of this model (but possibly newer) lifting itself up with its bucket on one side and its blade on the other. This looks to be a useful way to possibly change tracks. The blade on mine will raise up the tracks but the boom and bucket will barely raise up the other side and while digging the machine seems to lack power. Another symptom I think I am seeing is then when reaching the release point of the pressure relief valve, the hoses don't seem to jump around like my skid steer hoses do (but its a much larger machine). This isnt very scientific but still makes me suspicious. I can hear the relief valve activating - I wound up buying a gauge set and checked the three sections of the gear pump. I am seeing the 2300 psi max pressure that the manual indicates I should see so I think things should be good. The pressure did take two to three seconds to build. I wanted to do a flow test but the cheapest flow meter I can find is more than $2,000.00. I could just buy a new pump for $900 - although I am not sure the pump is the problem. Does anyone have any suggestions on what steps I could take to validate the hydraulic system health and isolate worn or malfunctioning components without buying expensive tools that I would only use once?
If you're getting the rated pressure your pump is likely fine. More flow makes things faster but doesn't increase power. With the blade down it may not have enough power to lift the the other side with the boom. May have to lift with the boom first and then the blade or a little with each. You should be able to lift each side with the boom to change tracks. The only time I see hoses jump is if they are long hoses that are flopping around loose.
Good day DS May I suggest that you time the crawler and cylinder operating times this has the same effect of testing the flow from the pumps. We have met on many occasions a machine complaint regarding boom operation this has proved to be when the boom is operated with the arm locked out, if you can raise the machine by operating your boom and arm in unison I would guess you do not have a problem. Kind regards Uffex