Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat763

GPR2763 ยท 2018-01-09 21:45

Over the cold we had last week near zero. I found two things my cooling fanbelt broke after it started to over heat "half way up". I thought it was old and cold. All the things spun as they should. The next morning I went to put the belt on in 20 degree and the pulley for the fan assembly wouldn't spin. Water in the housing? And does anyone know what type of pressure the fuel pump is suppose to put out? It's the cam drive.

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882018-01-10 12:39

    Could have some water in the angle drive, also could be ice or snow packed the blower housing. The fuel lift pump only puts out 2 or 3 psi, about what you can manually squeeze with the primer bulb

  2. #2GPR27632018-01-10 19:38

    Thanks for the info. The fan and housing spin free when it's warm but stuck when cold. Just surprised it could get water in there. I put a hose right from the pump in a container of diesel and it wouldn't pump out so I have a new one coming and just curious what the new one should be pulling