Hello everyone, I'm new here and wondered if anyone could shed some light on this problem we are having. Start up the machine and run at low idle and the machine works back and forth/turns correctly (it is what i'd call noisy from the hydro area) if you rev it up to high idle and work it (becomes noisier) it works ok for maybe 15 seconds then the right hand drive stops followed closely by the left hand side. there is no resistance from the levers, let the machine back to low idle and sit there for roughly 2 minutes and try the machine will work fine again until you rev it up again. I have removed tipped the cab up, removed the hydro cover, can't see to much wrong, may the two fittings (bleeds) from each pump run more oil on idle and when rev'd up maybe spit some air a little? (oil level correct) Any advice would be great Thanks GG
Drive coupler ?
Sounds like a filter or screen plugging up and limiting the replenishing oil to the hydrostat... I would check for a screen at/in the tank at the main feed hose. or like crewchief says... I know he has way more experience than me in these things.
You may have a hose blown down in there as well. I haven't seen an 825 since '85 or so
Thanks for the replies guys, since I posted this I've had a little more investigation, was running the machine with the top off and when running it at high idle I could see a disturbance in the oil below the red pipe on the bottom left of the picture, drained some oil out and there looked like a burst hose, drained a little more and found the other end were it goes onto the motor was only finger tight !!!! so under higher revs and pressure it was pissing out !! I've just fitted a new pipe to be sure and will let you know the outcome when I test it in the morning.