I wasn't able to find anything in history regarding this specifically, so I created a new post. Recently I've noticed noise in the bucket area when hauling dirt. Upon inspection, I found that the lower pivot points move left and right about 1/4 inch. I dont remember this before, though it could have been there. The machine was bought new, has 170 hrs only, and has mostly been used for snow, no salt. Recently, been doing some tree root removal and dirt work. Machine is greased every 5-10 hrs, and those pins about every 1-2 hours now that I hear the noise in there from it moving back and forth. It doesn't seem like the grease stays in the pin very long. When freshly greased, the grease keeps it from moving back and forth so freely. I've attached a couple video links of what I'm talking about. Trying to determine if this amount of free play is normal, and if possibly there is an oil seal or something that has gone bad. I don't want to cause any damage to the pivot point. If this is normal, and I just need to keep it full of grease more often, that's great. If there is something that needs attention, I am hoping someone knows what that might be. These videos are how the bobtach moves after a couple hours of work, and before re-greasing. Thanks
No replies yet.