Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bolt size

blacky705 · 2025-04-01 07:00

Hi, can anyone tell me what socket size is required for the rear wheel on a 08 New Holland B95? I thought it was a 32mm but seems to big. I purchased a 3/4 breaker bar and extension. I don't have any heavy equipment tools yet. The machine is not local to me so but of a pita. Cheers

Replies22
  1. #1DDoug2025-04-01 07:58

    Might want to edit the title to read "Lugnut Size".

  2. #2heymccall2025-04-01 09:04

    1 1/8 most likely. Its a 3/4-16 thread.

  3. #3Swetz2025-04-01 09:37

    My NH 675E Rear lug nuts are 1 3/16". Not sure if yours are the same. Fronts are smaller.

  4. #4blacky7052025-04-01 09:39

    What an odd size, maybe I'll just buy a whole set lol. Thanks

  5. #5Swetz2025-04-01 09:51

    The 30mm socket comes in the cheapo harbor freight socket set. I don't see a sale on it now, but usually around $20. 1/2 in. Drive Metric Impact Deep Socket Set, 13 Piece Amazing deals on this 13Pc 1/2In Dr Metric Deep Wall Impact Socket at Harbor Freight. Quality tools & low prices. www.harborfreight.com Again, I am not sure yours is the same as a different model, but both NH hoes.

  6. #6blacky7052025-04-01 09:53

    I'm in Canada, it'll be a Princess Auto visit for me

  7. #7Badco2025-04-01 13:16

    Good luck with that make sure the new sockets have lifetime warranty think the rear wheels are torqued to 400lb and the front 200lb ive been snapping impact sockets and 3/4 breaker bars trying to remove the front nuts think you going to need a 1 inch impact gun to move them heating may help but have had to replace all the wheel studs when a mechanic did that to remove the nuts from my dump truck

  8. #8blacky7052025-04-01 15:17

    I replaced the rear tires and tightened as tight as I could but I doubt I achieved 400lbs. I purchased a 36in 3/4 breaker bar and thought that would give me good leverage

  9. #9HarleyHappy2025-04-01 15:19

    Think its time for some big sockets and stuff. Sometimes a cheap hammer can help with lug nuts. We did have a member on here posting about a Harbor Freight lug nut torque multiplier that he gave rave reviews on. Good luck.

  10. #10Nige2025-04-01 15:23

    Heating is not recommended on any wheel hardware unless the tyre has been removed from the rim first. Even deflating is not an adequate workaround. Tyre explosions can happen long after the heat source has been removed and are uniformly deadly.

  11. #11HarleyHappy2025-04-01 15:50

    When I was a young pup, I got very lucky welding a valve stem protector (piece of black iron pipe split in half) on my dad’s Ford 9n tractor. He wanted me to weld it, claim my nerves were better than his. Welded it on with a crappy Lincoln Tombstone AC welder. Was done and rolling the leads up, when it blew the sidewall out. Blinded me for a minute and knocked my helmet off, dirt and crap went everywhere. Gave him an excuse to get his tires loaded.

  12. #12Nige2025-04-01 15:51

    You could just have easily have ended up dead……

  13. #13Badco2025-04-01 16:28

    Don’t think my could blow each tire has 25 plugs that leak along with the weather cracks leaking in the sidewalls

  14. #14Badco2025-04-01 16:47

    Actually the mechanic that heated the wheel nuts on my dump died 10 years later around 95 when a vehicle fell on him in the shop he was a crazy guy didn’t believe much in safety

  15. #15HarleyHappy2025-04-01 17:07

    Yep, we fig out after, it was a bad idea. I was 14, my ears had ringing for awhile and the blast knock the wind out of me. Was a boom, thump, not a sharp crack at all.

  16. #16Nige2025-04-01 17:44

    I would suggest that you think again. The rapid rise in temperature & pressure when pyrolysis takes off can’t be relieved by any amount of plugs or by removing the valve core. There are videos around illustrating the phenomenon. I was unlucky enough to be working on a site right next to one where two guys died after a tyre subjected to heat blew up and took them with it.

  17. #17HarleyHappy2025-04-02 07:54

    I know that I want to put valve stem protectors on my rear tires on the backhoe and being a very large tire and thick rim, almost convinced myself to just spot weld them on with my MiG but my brain keeps telling me no. It’s too bad I didn’t take advantage when I had new tires put on last summer. i tend to get into the woods and have ripped a few valve stems off. My Kubota has them from the factory, not sure why everything doesn’t have them.

  18. #18blacky7052025-04-02 07:56

    Well I missed that window lol

  19. #19Old Doug2025-04-02 08:00

    I have a cheap Dial Caliper at work I use a lot to figure out sizes of tools I need .

  20. #20HarleyHappy2025-04-02 10:35

    I’m getting lazy or smarter, not sure which, I can tell most sizes by sight and bolt type, up to 1” and actually a lot of metrics, up to 18mm. When I get over that, I used to just grab 3 or 4 wrenches or sockets from the box and sometimes make multiple trips. Now I just used calipers first and make 1 trip.

  21. #21Badco2025-04-02 21:48

    My buddies one inch impact gun zipped those wheel nuts off with no effort half came off with the studs and others just the nuts came off but you need the impact to move them

  22. #22blacky7052025-04-02 21:53

    I already had them removed by impact gun, had new tires installed and put them back on with a ratchet but definitely not snug enough. I'm pretty sure the correct size is 1 3/16 because the guy used a 1 1/4 to remove them and said it was a little loose but that's all he had