Used jumping jack hadnt been run in 15 years cleaned fuel tank cleaned spark plug fresh gas and with a little effort it started boot was dry rotted- replaced boot replaced oil in boot chamber Ran for most of a day with no problems starting (kill button vibrated off had to shut off fuel) The next morning it was VERY difficult to start, eventually would start and vibrate like normal but wouldnt idle cleaned carb, checked fuel lines and made two batches of mix gas with different oil - still same pulled off front cover were oil goes for boot and spring an found a substance like oatmeal caked in the gears cleaned out the oil cavity and refilled no change Im thinking it may not be a fuel problem but a centrifical clutch because it want to jump when trying to start. If the problem/parts is too difficult/expense I may just rent or borrow one. I just didn't want to overlook something fairly easy to diagnose and fix I would welcome any comments
No replies yet.