Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag bw 120 ad 3 crank no start

yazan · 2023-08-05 16:51

Hi. Please I need any help. This bomag bw 120 ad3 cranking but not starting Please any help where to start diagnostic Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1mg23612023-08-06 06:46

    Serial number? Good fuel supply to the injection pump? Voltage to the fuel shutoff solenoid?

  2. #2yazan2023-08-06 08:36

    hi , thanks for your reply no 101170515322 i live in a small town in remote area , I just bought this equipment, and it has been idle there for a long period of time. I am very interested in getting it back to work. Currently, the engine was running, but the equipment was not moving forward or backward. I think it is something related to the brake or safety system. After washing the equipment , the engine is no longer running. crank no start . there is no fuel in the engine , i make a baybass and run fuel direct from a can , and it work fuses are all ok . tested out of the pannel with multimeter thanks .. any help is deeply appreciated .

  3. #3mg23612023-08-06 09:09

    If your no start began after washing, then I would first be checking all your connectors for moisture contamination.

  4. #4yazan2023-08-06 09:12

    thanks , i will start cleaening connectors with electric contact cleaner and i will post result thanks

  5. #5yazan2023-08-06 19:21

    its starting now , but still not moving electric fan not operating seat switch occupation light is not going on/off - if the seat occuped or not jiggling thr travel hand will make the brake light also flickiring

  6. #6mg23612023-08-07 05:07

    I don't think the fan will run until a certain temperature is reached. F46 fuse is common to all those items. It is part of the printed circuit board. Have any voltage checks been made? Do you know how to read an electrical schematic?

  7. #7yazan2023-08-07 13:44

    Fuses tested . but I have only 12 fuses . all tested. But what is f46 ? And where located. These fuses I tested are numbered a1-6 &b-6 Thanks for helping

  8. #8mg23612023-08-08 04:55

    I mentioned above it is part of the circuit board and if I recall, not replaceable. But that fuse has to be good if the engine starts. I just saw in the schematic that the engine shutoff solenoid uses that fuse as well. Check your messages.

  9. #9yazan2023-08-08 06:18

    I think that the circuit board is defected. There is a clear curving in the circuit panel. Very clear from the back. There is also a bulge and cracks in the back plastic behind one of the wire connection points. I was confused abojt the proximity sensors under the travel shifter . I toke them out and tested with a12v source to the brown as + and blue is - The black is the signal to the board and yes there is signal when touching metal with the switch. But iam not sure if this test is enough to be sure? I will keep testing and posting