What else could cause my e brake to activate when in motion in forward or reverse? Also it seems like the high and low gear isn’t functioning like it’s always in high gear. I’ve replaced the hydraulic pump and the manifold for the e brake and high gear.
it seems like both brakes are locking up. on the drum and the wheels at the same time. if its pressure related then how do you fix that? it just doesnt make any sense unless something got switched around by accident.
Please see attached. Verify all electrical is clean and tight. Then check your hydraulic connections, make sure nothing got swapped.
I supplied consistent power to the e brake and seat sensor and it still changed nothing. Also I can’t open those for some reason they just come up blank
Find your brake valve, see if that has a weakeing magnet
if thats the manifold im thinking i just replaced that whole mechanism and put a brand new one in. thats in the battery compartment right and it mounts on the inside.
They're PDFs. Open with adobe
Ya I replaced that whole mechanism
Then, you're going to have to T into the Supply line that feeds the brake release valve. You want to guage that pressure while traveling. If it falls off, then we are looking at pump pressure. If it maintains, it's probably electrical. When the brake applies, does the park brake indicator light flash on?
Yes it does
It’ll flash for a few seconds then turn off. It doesn’t do it when it’s cold but once it heats up it does it more often
So, something electrical is playing games. It's been a while but i believe there's a proximity switch in the FnR that when you are in the center and out of the "gate" the park function sets. Perhaps a piece of metal loose inside playing games.
That’s what I’ve been wondering to. I want to replace it but my boss seems to think it’s something else
Sweet I think we are going to try a new gear shift and go from there