I have owned this compactor for a few years now, and the parking brake valve does nothing. Turned on or off, the machine moves easily.....not really safe, certainly not convenient.....anyone have any machine specific info that will help?
This from 177D manual...is yours similar?
Not even close to mine. Mine has a rotating valve on the left front firewall that works the parking brake. I appreciate your input and time!
Serial number would help get the correct information. Even though you have a valve on the firewall, there still should be a Park Brake adjustment procedure.
I believe the rotating valve is hydraulic (if its like some I have seen in the past). Have you followed the hydraulic line to the rear diff to see if its hooked to anything?
I will make an effort to get the serial number. I have not followed the hydraulic lines off the valve, but I can do that as soon as the rain quits. Thanks for the help!
Hey donlang did you ever fix the brake issue on the 172 mine has the same issue. Thanks DIRT BOSS
Haven’t done anything with it….still compacts well