Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bomag BW266 Hydraulic Hose Locations

dieseldog5.9 ยท 2021-03-02 19:29

Have a customer that bought a Bomag BW266 at auction with a hydrostatic pump removed and sitting on the seat. No one marked the hydraulic lines when they took them off. The owner sent the pump out for rebuild, and I have 90% of the hoses hooked up, I have a few hoses that I am questioning their locations.

Replies16
  1. #1mg23612021-03-03 05:21

    Can you supply a serial number? Information on hose routing might be tough to find but with a serial number I can at least access the correct manual to look.

  2. #2dieseldog5.92021-03-03 07:50

    I looked around the machine pretty hard, this is where I believe the sn tag would be, and there are no numbers stamped under the missing plate either.

  3. #3mg23612021-03-03 11:59

    Can you tell if it is a straight BW266 or a BW266 AD-4? Picture of the decals if any?

  4. #4dieseldog5.92021-03-03 14:46

    Not a great photo, I took last night, and am not with the machine right now. But there is no letters after the 266

  5. #5dieseldog5.92021-03-03 18:14

    Called a dealer of paving equipment, they said call another dealer, called dealer #2 they stated that they were the dealer but another dealer took them over, called dealer number 3, they were the dealer and no longer are, and do not know who took them over. Went to the Bomag website to look for a dealer, called them, they told me they were not the dealer for bomag, I told him they were the listed dealer for bomag, he went to google like I did and in fact they are listed, hold please..................turns out we are the dealer, here is the number for bomag technical information, call the number, this number is not available.....

  6. #6Vetech632021-03-03 18:18

    Usually the serial number is stamped into the frame of the machine somewhere. Look it over really good, its got to be there somewhere.

  7. #7BigWrench552021-03-03 18:30

    The serial number should be on the auction paperwork.

  8. #8dieseldog5.92021-03-03 18:55

    Thought maybe the engine SN would give me a year, nope it is gone too.

  9. #9dieseldog5.92021-03-03 18:56

    Does anyone know specificaly on these machines where the SN is, I thought it would be that tag that is missing on the kick board by the steering wheel.

  10. #10Vetech632021-03-03 19:36

    Left side if your sitting in the seat. Front of the rear half of the machine

  11. #11Vetech632021-03-03 19:39

    Alot of times when the machine and engine plates are removed its a stolen machine.

  12. #12dieseldog5.92021-03-03 22:22

    I had that thought instantly when I couldn't find the engine SN, just didnt want to say it.

  13. #13mg23612021-03-04 04:31

    Turns out there are only 2 schematics available and they look identical. If the port numbers are stamped into the pumps and motors (they usually are on Bomag), then the schematic shows which port is connected where. I PM'd you.

  14. #14dieseldog5.92021-03-04 08:25

    Schematic recieved, Huge help.

  15. #15dieseldog5.92021-03-05 10:24

    So comparing the schematic to the roller, I have different lettering.

  16. #16mg23612021-03-05 12:05

    I PM'd you again.