Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

BoneYard

Robert1974 ยท 2014-05-20 08:57

I am in the process of restoring an 1930's Oshkosh TR Eartmover. Parts and the belly dump are almost impossible to find so I am looking for a list of any and all equipment junk yards in the north east NY ME, Vt, NH etc. This is my last option to find the belly dump and other parts since this is a rare item. I would appreciate any help I can get or even small private collection. Thank you Robert

Replies11
  1. #1fixou8122014-05-20 10:55

    Oshkosh by Gosh! There's a few bone yards around But I don't know what one looks like, got a picture?

  2. #2Robert19742014-05-20 11:04
  3. #3Robert19742014-05-20 11:08

    see below pictures Coleman Brothers from Boston Mass had a dozen or so they used them on dam and canal projects

  4. #4OldandWorn2014-05-20 11:42

    Awesome looking drive unit....makes me want one!!!

  5. #5fixou8122014-05-20 12:18

    Fine looking rig looks like it wants to haul some logs!

  6. #6old-iron-habit2014-05-20 14:20

    Cool picture. Back in the day before planitarys. Bet it has some hunky axles on it.

  7. #7oarwhat2014-05-20 18:13

    It's going to be hard to find anything old since the price of scrap went up a few years back. This place has some old and off the wall stuff. And Oshkosh trucks . Demo's Truck Parts Inc 7427 Buffalo Rd Bergen, NY 14416 (585) 494-1341 Let us know how you make out.

  8. #8Scrub Puller2014-05-20 19:13

    Yair . . . Ah dear! the skills that have been lost . . . the B/S that goes on these days to shift a bit of crap . . . excavators and wiggle wagons stuck and winching stuff out with dozers Back in those days a bit of slop and soft stuff was nothing to rear or belly dumps and draglines. I have often thought a thirty ton excavator rigged as a dragline with a lattice stick would be a money maker on some jobs. Cheers.

  9. #9vintex2014-05-20 21:35

    Hi Robert Looks like a great project what power plant does it hav? Looking at the trailer it looks very much like a athey wagone I know there were a few company's that supplied belly dumps in both wheeled and crawler configurations there are two or three running around up at rollog Minnesota Regards chris

  10. #10old-iron-habit2014-05-20 22:38

    Get any current pictures of your rig. Would love to see the before pics.

  11. #11Navship2014-10-17 00:09

    Junk yard list Robert, Did you ever get that list of junk yards in the northeast? I'm looking for a Dynahoe boom, and would love to get some new places to look, or if you know of any places yourself, I would really apperciate it. Thank you, Gerry PS For you I'll do the same