Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Shields Bantam C-35 Serial #4927

Diesel Don ยท 2014-06-01 16:07

I have a Bantam C-35 excavator that I think is a mid-fifties machine. Running and operable that I am considering selling. What I am in search of is some educated opinions as to what the value of this machine is. I bought it in the rocky mountains of colorado a few years ago from a man that dug a pond with it 25 years prior and then parked it. I hauled it back home to wisconsin with the expectation of digging my own pond. I noticed the scale model version of this machine was quite collectible, so I began to wonder if the real deal was desirable. I have traveled the country for years and have very rarely seen one. I would love to post a pic, but after multiple tries, I cannot get a pic to upload:Banghead but I will say that the machine is in what I would call great condition. any opinions are appreciated.

Replies2
  1. #1workshoprat922014-12-15 10:46

    I am not sure of the value of this machine but also have a c35 i need to move. Do you have any idea what the weight of the machine is? How did you move yours?

  2. #2Diesel Don2015-03-21 12:23

    They weigh about 16,000 lbs. plus or minus a little for different track widths. I moved mine on my semi with a double drop trailer.