Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boom and Dipper painted

orville ยท 2010-12-19 16:43

Here is a picture of the boom and Dipper stick painted. I don't think I would be able to find this decal so I plan on painting it on next summer. The house will be a little easier to paint with not having to remove the hydraulic lines. Looks like I made a mistake in the picture departnment

Replies12
  1. #1willie592010-12-19 17:37

    Looks great orville. Have you already destroyed that decal? A decal shop could easily make one.

  2. #2spitzair2010-12-19 23:40

    Looking good! I take it that's a C-450? They're great, tough machines! I wish I still had mine...

  3. #3orville2010-12-20 07:17

    The decal is gone but I made a pattern of it using traceing paper. The larger letters will not be a problem cutting out of tape, the little Koehring lettering might be a challenge though.

  4. #4orville2010-12-20 07:24

    Yes that is what it is, a 1967 vintage. I need to do a little mechanical work to the drive line of the machine, then it should be almost as good as it was new, or maybe 20 or 30 years ago.

  5. #5willie592010-12-20 18:39

    Hi orville, if you made a pattern using tracing paper, then you can still measure what size W x H that decal was. As long as you have those dimensions, a decal shop can make that decal by the pic you posted.

  6. #6barklee2010-12-20 22:07

    You might try to call express signs plus in Euless Texas. They are the least expesive i have found. they also have just about anything ever made in there library, so they may already have it. 817-750-7667 ask for Dean

  7. #7sporklift2010-12-21 04:17

    Nice job Orville! I especially like the custom steel sawhorse to support the dipper arm through its pins.

  8. #8orville2010-12-21 14:21

    Thanks I will give them a call. I know farm tractor decals are gosh allfull expensive. Four decals two that say WD surrounded by black pin stripe and two that say Allis Chalmbers, $70 bucks. Those retired farmers who are restoring their equipment must have a lot of money. I won't be taking the Bantam or the Allis to pebble Beach so I won't pay the $70 bucks for the Allis decal. The decal will probably be cheaper than the automotive paint I will need to paint on the decal though.

  9. #9orville2010-12-21 14:25

    If you like that would you like to see the custom steel line that held the heavy stuff that the bucket fastens on to?

  10. #10Koehringman2010-12-27 20:14

    I had my Koehring decals done by a sign shop for the 455 two boom stickers the big K logo decals and the back for $115. There is a vid of this on the old excavators thread.

  11. #11CSaley2011-02-18 15:09

    nice work. looks good

  12. #12MNERIC2011-03-29 18:17

    She's going to be something special when your done!!!