Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boom arm movement and noise

JS300 ยท 2015-08-09 09:31

I've been running my Case 450 with the windows out while waiting on the A/C parts to come in and noticed that the booms and linkages are very noisy. This isn't a big deal but wondering if other skids are like this? I've always noticed that the booms move side to side allot but not the linkage noise. Just wondering if other machines do this. I'm thinking about trading it for a SVL 75 or a Case TV 320/380. I think the vertical lift will suit me better. I've got a huge clearing job is the main reason I'm thinking of trading to a newer model.

Replies3
  1. #1GaryHoff2015-08-09 20:20

    You grease your pins on a regular basis? The side slop is normal from factory. I use to shim the pins to reduce the slop. The new case machines have a lot less side to side movement, because of the different boom designs. Some of the 400 series case machines had the upper pin bosses not welded parallel, and would cause abnormal wear on the pins.

  2. #2KSSS2015-08-09 21:18

    That is common with the 450 as it was with the 1845C. Keep it greased and as mentioned you can shim some of that noise and slop out of it. Vertical lift really is not going to buy you anything when clearing land unless your loading trucks out with it.

  3. #3JS3002015-08-10 19:53

    I grease the machine every time I fuel it up. Things just seem loose. I may try to shim it a little I think that would help. Most of the slack is where the lift arms connect to the main boom and in the linkages to the tilt cylinders. Thanks for the help.