Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boom Disassembly On A Skyjack SJB66TK Articulated Boom Lift

TCat ยท 2024-07-10 08:12

Does anyone have experience splitting the boom on a Skyjack SJB66TK boom lift? I'm in the planning stages of pulling the main boom extension cylinder on my boom lift to reseal it due to leaking. Unlike other lifts that use chains and pulleys (sheeves I think is the proper name) to extend and retract, this unit uses only hydraulic cylinders to extend the boom sections as far as I can tell. I have the service manual (which of course gives no guidance on a boom disassembly proceedure) and the parts manual for the unit. It looks like to me that I need to disassemble the boom sections at the knuckle and bring the cylinder out the front of the boom knuckle once the boom knuckle joint is disassembled. Like I said I'm just in the planning stages for this job right now as I'm recovering from a medical procedure and I thought I would see if anyone has experience with this type of lift. I'd like to make sure I'm heading in the right direction and see if there is anything in particular (other than needing to deal with the weight and length of the two loose boom sections) to deal with. Thanks in advance for the help and any advice you can give. T

Replies1
  1. #1TCat2024-07-14 21:34

    Bump