Hello - Pretty new to excavator ownership here so forgive me if there is a simple solution for this one... Have about 12 hours on an E42 when I start hearing a relatively loud creaking noise while moving the boom up and down - See link for short video. I've greased all the zerks, so I don't think that's the issue. Any thoughts? TIA
Check your clamps for the hard hydraulic lines. Bet there's a couple that are a little loose. Either that or the rod protector for the boom cylinder needs to be lubed
My excavator did the exact same thing when I got it, doesnt now. You need grease somewhere.
Thanks Guys. I checked the clamps and lightly greased the rod protector wear pads. No change. Greasing the heck out of the lower pin on the boom did the trick. I’m not sure there was much in there to begin with…It was a bit of a bear to get grease into so I must not have done it just right last time I greased. thanks again!
Sometimes it takes a little use to get the grease distributed.
We have a new E35 that i had that same issue with. I greased the heck out of the boom and stick joints and that solved it.