My friend who is building two cabins has stumbled on a 10 ton 57' RO on a GMC with the 8.2 it will be purchased right. We got it started and I was able to operate the crane and check it out. It needs brakes and tires, but is otherwise OK IMO. In all likelihood I will do the bulk of the operating for them. Fun times! Jobs won't happen till next year and I will be at least semi-retired at that time. the exposed cable is rusty, I think we'll cut it off and terminate it properly. It currently has a clamp on the lifting cable NO NO! I ran off a wrap and got to nice lubed cable. The jib will get pulled and set aside. It is only useful for high work and is a 400# deduct. It only has the overhaul ball and no two part, which is totally fine IMO. That little rig is not meant for heavy. There was a two bottom plow handy so I picked that up and let her hang. It hung an hour with no creep or leaks.
Oh, No. The hate.2. Welcome to the club.
would not be my choice as I believe that 6 in a row is the way to go, but it is what it is. When I pulled the lever it did what I asked. There was that single axle frame flex I had forgotten about. Just don't get in a hurry and set the job up as a swing show if I can.