Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Boom Truck Training

camara ยท 2012-08-11 17:57

Hi guys & girls, Been here a few years, but now I have a question. I have been working for a crane company local to the Boston area. They are in need of a part time operator for their boom truck. Are there any training facilities located in the New England area that offers "hands on" training on boom trucks? I do know how to properly set up a unit with blocking and pads. I also understand and know how to use an LMI. What I am unsure of is how to properly locate a boom truck to hoist a load, let's say a roof top air handler, properly and especially safely. The unit I am looking to operate is a 1400 series National (33 ton) mounted on a Sterling chassis. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Replies1
  1. #1madisonmiller2012-08-17 02:51

    Hi I am Providing reference Link that may help you very much>> http://www.lbmao.on.ca/Page.asp?PageID=122&ContentID=655&SiteNodeID=210 Thanks