Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Hitachi excavator crane

DirtHauler ยท 2012-07-30 00:58

Is this an option made by Hitachi, or is it some retrofit? My photography while driving needs some work. I will try to get better photos.

Replies6
  1. #1Scrub Puller2012-07-30 05:53

    Yair . . . DirtHauler well spotted! that looks an interesting bit of gear. Any of you crane blokes on here like to hazzard a guess as to what radius it would lift a thousand kilo's? I did the google thing but I can't find any reference to it in the time I had. Cheers.

  2. #2Haddy2012-07-30 06:07

    Interesting .......... Operator would have to be very careful with the slew

  3. #3Plant Fitter2012-07-30 07:12

    Looks like the genuine article to me. A few other brands make similar mini crawler cranes, like Kobelco and Komatsu etc. They are handy for very small jobs in small places but not much more than that.

  4. #4excavator2012-07-30 11:21

    Original, grey market machine. We saw quite a number of these imported years ago into the lower mainland of B.C. and northern Washington.Very handy.

  5. #5Graham12012-07-30 17:06

    Seen a couple in UK, grey market imports from Japan. Can't really see that it would be cost effective to buy for most people. What seems a much more flexible idea for this sort of size is to have a hydraulic winch on a 360 telehandler. Was watching one work a little while ago with a steel errecting gang build a steel portal building. Unloading lorries with the forks, then lifting beams with the winch.

  6. #6DirtHauler2012-07-31 00:45

    I grabbed some better photos today. Says EX60 LCT on the machine and Kanamoto on the boom.