Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bosch diesel injection pump problem

SoloTech · 2023-03-12 18:19

My problem is that I've found the remainder of an o'ring inside the governor assembly and have no idea where it came from. The pump is a BOSCH PE6P120A320RS7138-10. Originally, the pump was spewing oil out of a small hole, just behind the engine stop linkage. I patched the hole, then removed the 22mm oil filler bung to see what had caused the oil spill, discovering the partial o'ring. I still have no idea what caused the hole to be punched through. Would any have any info? Thanks.

Replies8
  1. #1thepumpguysc2023-03-12 18:57

    The 22mm plug is sealed w a large paper ring.. The shut off shaft is sealed w an oring.. The 22 mm is not an oil fill..it’s access to the gov flyweights during calibration..

  2. #2SoloTech2023-03-12 19:16

    Would removing the governor housing get me access to the shut off shaft? I'm not sure what it looks like, not having removed the housing previously. I still can't find what popped the hole in the first place. Also, as there's a fair amount of oil that flew out of that hole, do I refill from there? I read that there should be around 500mls of oil in there. Thank you for any help.

  3. #3thepumpguysc2023-03-12 20:13

    What hole r u talking about.?? The pump is fed by engine oil.. there’s no need to put oil in it.. You’ll never get the cover off.. it’s a sequence.. Look at the shut off lever and shaft..u see the clip.?? they wear and need to be replaced.. See if u can see the other side of the shaft. The clip may have come off..

  4. #4SoloTech2023-03-12 20:28

    Thanks again. I've included a pic of the hole, next to the engine shutoff linkage. Except for a small round metal piece on the control rail, I can't see what would have caused it.

  5. #5thepumpguysc2023-03-12 20:35

    I see it now.. the pump will have to be removed and sent to a diesel fuel inj shop.. to be repaired.. the hole came from something inside the gov trying to get out.. Don’t run it, for fear of a catastrophic failure.!!

  6. #6SoloTech2023-03-12 20:36

    I checked the circlip behind the linkage. It's still in place. I'll get a replacement for it.

  7. #7SoloTech2023-03-12 20:38

    Yes, I thought that might be the case. Was hoping to avoid a big bill. Looks like I'll be biting the bullet after all.

  8. #8thepumpguysc2023-03-13 20:18

    Start saving your pennies..