I have the following bosch fuel pump with these number on it RSV475...1000MW2A388 392 9173 Is it possible to know the rated power at the specified rpm from these number By the way this pump is used on a SA6D114E-1 engine for komatsu excavator
Not sure on the pump numbers but That engine is used in a PC300-6 and puts out 173KW @1850rpm.
I have the quick reference at work and cant get to till Monday.. In the mean time.. Google 3929173 cummins.. the pump fits a 8.3l 6Cta Cummins engine..
on the engine it is written: 230HP at 2000rpm and the timing is 16 degree the reason I am asking is that the engine derate under load. RPM decrease from 2000 to 1500RPM and that without black smoke. I checked the feed pump and line and fuel filter, they look good. Could a fuel pump behave like this? What could be damage inside of it? Or is it just the adjustment of the spring inside the pump? By the way this pump still factory adjustment.
Does it have a "lift pump" bolted to the side of the inj. pump? or on the side of the engine block? Either way, when it starts to de-rate.. get someone to pump the lift pump while its slowing down and see if it picks back up.. That way, you'll know if its a "fuel flow" problem.. could be a faulty lift pump, dirty filters[fuel or air] or even a weak overflow valve.. 500rpms is a considerable drop from no load rpm.. what rpm does it run at no load, [full throttle] Basic mechanical governor systems like you have on that pump[RSV] is a 10% diff from loaded to no-load.. SO, if full load rpm is 2000, no load, full throttle "should be" around 2200.. Start your diagnosis by removing all AIR cleaners/filters FIRST..
Is it logical to test the fuel pressure outlet of the lift pump? What should be the min. pressure on normal work condition?
Personally, that's where I would start.. BUT MOST FOLKS don't have a pressure guage laying around w/ the correct adaptors. Your looking for around 20-25psi at the inj. pump inlet. I'm pretty certain that the pump inlet is a "banjo connector".. I have a banjo bolt that I drilled and tapped to 1/4" pipe.. that way I can screw in any size 1/4" adaptor I want to use on my pressure guage. Another quick check would be to unscrew the "outlet" connector on the inj. pump, that's your overflow valve.. it will have a ball and spring in it.. that's what HOLDS the 20-25lbs inside the gallery on the inj. pump.. IF your lift pump is working.. it will pump all day long.. but if the overflow valve is broken.. the fuel from the lift pump is just returning back to the tank and not supplying enough fuel to the pumping plungers..