So I bought my first Cat! Was all very exciting until I decided to give it a proper service... Turns out the chain drive was running in dirt and gravel not oil But I got that all cleaned up without to much damage it seems. Then I found some dirt in the lower end of the chassis/frame and cleaned that out too - half a wheelbarrow later. It should be a lot lighter now lol. But I noticed the bottom inspection plate is missing which is not helping the situation. Will have to jerry rig something for that as its not a part on Cat's system. I have been looking around for a manual online without any luck for this particular model. If anyone could help that would be very much appreciated! Also did these come with a Cat Link option? It's a 2004 model with an antenna and a big box with flashy lights? It also says something about radio link and dangerous near explosives.
I think the cover you want for the belly is a 1428897 part of the frame gp. It's about $170 so you're probably better off to make one.
I believe the right number for the bottom plate is 191-9576, the 142-8897 plate is the one that goes on the side of the frame and would be one on each side. Either way if you have some 1/4 inch plate and are handy with a torch and a drill. Make a template out of some cardboard box and have at it. Now if you run equipment like some I know around here might want to use 1 inch plate
Thanks for the replies, I had a chat to the local Cat dealer and seems that part is not available here? But knowing Cat Australia prices it would probably be $250 if it was. I may just get the torch out instead.