Hello, I had this 10K prefix , 1974, delivered from about 65 miles north of me last week. Runs good but of course has some issues. Hopefully it will run a while.
Sprocket segments look pretty bad I guess, I will do some measuring on the rails . It has berco rails with the sawtooth master link, bushes have some wear, not turned. definitely not round anymore . Front idlers are pretty new looks like. Pads are good and rollers look good except for the 3 right lower ones that are welded on- they look ok except for the fact that their welded. Missing a front bolt on one front roller, not broke off luckily, I will put one in before running again. The rail heights are 4.75 to 4.81 . Tomorrow I have to do the preload deal so I can take a 4 link measurement. Im thinking that im going to replace the segments and take the bare rails to a track shop (Adobe in NW Houston) turn the bushings. Was told it had rt final rebuilt recent and steering clutches and brakes done. Operates very good but Im a rookie and had previously only run a Deere 550H so this Cat is totally different and is going to take me a while to get worth a darn on. 3306 turbo no smoke runs strong, throttle linkage needs adjusted or some new parts as it wont shut off without opening the side panel and yanking on the linkage. Small land owner, no commercial any time soon.
Those sprockets will run awhile yet. It is nice to see the tracks are correctly tightened. Looks like the cutting edge needs to be flipped in not too long though. Nice looking tractor.
$555 Segments ( Trek S Korea ) hardware and adjuster seals, from a machinery shop in NW Houston. Dozer has mostly been sitting, time to do something with it. Have one adjuster wont hold.
It's a SALT track , you don't do a 5 pin measurement on those tracks and no need to turn pins. The cutting edges are past needing turned. Bob
Looks like the track guiding guard strips are new on one side and wearing through the bolt holes on the other.
Looks good Tracks will last you forever at the pace you will go at,allthough those new segments will be a great investment. Stick them on and forget about it
Yes one thing about a D6C is its too big to get hauled by a dually and all my friends that think they want something dozed are too cheap to pay for a semi to haul it to and from their place so my toy just stays here.
If it has rubber tires and can be drove on the road, neighbors/friends will be constantly wanting their "little" jobs done. Of course they expect you to be the good neighbor and just do it for a couple beers or something else insignificant.
I didn't think the 6c had segmented sprockets so someone has gone to a bit of trouble looking after this tractor. I hope it indicative of the rest of the machine.
A friend wants to borrow my boom lift, sure - no problem. It weighs 15,000 pounds, you need a one ton dually and a goose neck trailer.
All the 10K tractors came with replaceable segments . Bob
My insurance agent warned me that my homeowners policy does not cover the hoe. So if I’m digging at a friend’s house, sever his water line, and flood the Neighbor’s house, they won’t pay. I will be on the hook myself. So that is my excuse for saying no.