I recently changed my fuel filter on my 310SG and it came with a factory bowl under the fuel filter, the new ones dont come with a bowl, but if you take out the plastic drain plug out of the bottom of the filter you can attach the old bowl and reinstall it on the machine. Is this something I should keep doing?? This last time I just said screw it and put it on as it comes like it was on my old 310SG (without the bowl) Is the bowl that important????
I'm not sure about this one Cavalo but I think the bowl would give the filter added capacity for water and silt, with the visual indicator for the operator. The line between liquids might be visible, hinting to the operator, it's time to drain. Probably only necessary on the primary filter and probably a good idea if JD put it there. I think I would ask the service manager about it next time you're there if the parts guy isn't certain. Hope this helps, Phil
That is probably good advice Phil.............I will put it back on!