Pretty cool: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pRIYFFTlMSQ http://youtube.com/watch?v=4y0fAYaFu-o&feature=related Blake WA
very cool, and very expensive to operate i love it. i just spent an hour trying to talk my father in law out of a 3 pt hitch splitter for his kubota. why put wear and tear on your tractor, that burns lots of fuel when you can do the same thing with a 3.5 horse briggs and stratton that will run all day on a dixie cup of gas?
because u can Nice rig
The only way I can see this being convenient is not having to lug around the logs to the log splitter. Pretty cool.
Why not just put a wedge end on the thumb that he already has? Would it not work to just keep cycling the bucket? Or even use the thumb cylinder. Coopers nailed it as to why he uses his backhoe for splitting.
That wood is so soft you could split it with an ax just as easy! still cool tho...
Not nearly as fast as this one... http://youtube.com/watch?v=2bVAAx3mMKY&feature=related
Um, I'd be a little scared watching that wedge come down near my hands. Blake WA
Can't be any more dangerous than the old cone screw type that mounted to a truck rear end. If I remember you jack the truck up to take a wheel off one side on the rear then mount this cone shaped screw contraption on the lugs. Put her in first, chock the front wheels and start shoving wood at it. I believe they made a PTO version also. Before the days of liability lawyers. Back when real men faced danger and didn't whine about it being someone else's fault if they got hurt.
Was it something like this only not on a skid steer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgyZsJJ5C4E
It was a similar concept, but the threads were more pronounced and it mounted to the truck axle like mentioned. I think J.C. Whitney used to carry them.
http://cgi.ebay.com/THE-STICKLER-VE...mZ140197962493QQihZ004QQcategoryZ29520QQssPag This one is for sale on E-Bay
nice set up