has anyone mounted a boxblade on the front of a skidsteer im wondering if I even need one just sounds like a neat thing to have
I would like to try it too. Even try mounting it both ways
I thought about building one on a large dirt job (relative to the size of the equipment) I did a couple years ago, but ended up just using the bucket. Cut 2k yards, imported 8k, spread 1k of the cut yards and loaded the other 1k out. My theory now is you probably need the weight of the dirt in the bucket for traction. I was using a CTL, not a skid steer.
I have a 3 point box blade I use n the front of my backhoe thru a quick attach to 3 point adapter. When using it I primarily have to run in reverse which isn't much of a problem. It works great, Particularly on grading out gravel. you can control from the cab the angle as you move which makes very easy to feather and be aggressive when needed. It makes short work of a gravel driveway.
What adapter are you using?
I have a cheapo 3 point adapter from Titan mfg.
have no idea who made the adapter. I'll take a better look tomorrow
Well I don't know is this is any help but I have a 3pt adapter plate for my Bobcat 853 and I just hookup to my 3pt boxblade and it works "pretty good" I will get some pic next time I am hooked up to it !!!!
This is mine. A basic low end Tractor Supply type blade, with a cheap plate mounted on the back. We set it, so that it is at ground leven when lift arms on push blocks. I can tilt it down to get more dig. I find I use the rippers as much as anything, as my primary task is keeping a gravel truck yard up. Rip around the potholes to loosen everything, then add some gravel and blend it all together. I've thought it would be so much handier with a Tilt-Tach, but I don't have one. Yet......! And- I can still use it on the tractor.