I have a 2006 Powerhouse ProTrax Boxer 427 Mini Skid Steer, and it is pouring hydraulic fluid out of the vent hose after being in use a short time. I have just replaced the main hydraulic hoses connecting pump and filter, and replace the filter. Through my research on the web, the major cause suggested was overfilled. It is not but removed fluid to below dip stick, still leaks alot. Any suggestions would be appreciated
Is the oil frothy? Sounds like she's sucking air someplace and blowing back into the tank.
I believe you are correct. Tried with fluid low and still leaked thru vent tube......then like a dummy I unscrewed the fluid dip stick (engine off but fluid hot) and it came out like a brown frothy volcano. Tomorrow I am going to refill the tank to proper level and try again. Can anyone tell me if it should be checked with the dip stick screwed back in then removed, or stick removed and rested on top of hole to check level. Result will be affected by 1/2 inch.
Try spraying a bit of foaming shaving cream around each suction hose. That'll show were its sucking quickly. Dipstick screwed down or not probably doesn't matter as the hydraulic tanks are pretty large.