I have been trying to explain to my son about the "old iron" vs. the new iron...he is 5 and loves the fact his old man runs this stuff. He made a comment about how they (wheeled loaders) have way different designs (the older ones). Now the question. I remember when I was a kid his age (early 80's), I remember climbing over this front end loader. I have looked at all old domestic makes, and I still cant find the maker of it. All I can give as to a hint, is to get in the cab, one would have to climb up the lift cylinder. There wasnt a cat walk or landing right outside the entrance, and on that note, the entrance was more of a window then a door with a window (like on the old Cats, Clarks, or Terex's). The only thing I have found somewhat close to it in my mind is a Hough Loader (mid 1950's era). If any of the older guys here could give me a hand, maybe I could sleep tonight instead of thinking of this brain fade..... Regards, YID
Sounds like a Michigan to me, the loader arms went up past the cab. I looked at a 125, but could not imagine climbing over those arms all the time. Winter would be even worse. And you're right, no door.
I ran a Michigan 125 in my late teen years, no doors or heater, just made for work. Another loader was the Case W-9 I think, straight frame, arms where just like michigan. You would crawl over arms and kind of fall into seat. Most times I ever got stung by wasps was in that case machine, they had nest behind dash and didn't appreciate me fiddling with switches, got stung 10-12 times on the top of my hands by the time I could manage to remove myself from cab.
thanks again, and am going to settle with the Michigan. The case (based off of images I am looking at) was too small. I remembered it as a production sized loader. In any case, thanks again Forum!!! Regards YID