Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake Adjustment on 955L Loader Ser # 85J10604

Metalman 55 · 2018-06-06 16:13

I was wanting to ask if anyone out there has a page from a service manual that gives instructions for brake adjustment on the 955L that you could share? We removed the small plates on top of the bevel gear compartment (assuming we are correct about that?) but it near impossible to see down from the top & hard to tell by feel. We have too much travel in the turn pedals for applying the brakes & want to adjust it up a bit. Thanks

Replies11
  1. #1AllDodge2018-06-06 19:55

    Here you go

  2. #2Metalman 552018-06-07 17:39

    Ok, thanks, found it & it has been adjusted.

  3. #3Ironworker562026-03-03 10:08

    I am getting ready to adjust mine as well. Is there a need to remove the pedal linkage on the transmission and brakes before making this adjustment? Does the anything need to be warm, or can it be done cold? I have removed all the oil, changed filters and screen and need to adjust brakes now. Any help greatly appreciated.

  4. #4Nige2026-03-03 10:11

    If you post a machine Serial Number I can look up the complete adjustment procedure from linkages right to the brakes.

  5. #5Ironworker562026-03-03 20:14

    The only thing I can read on my aluminum serial number tag is 85J

  6. #6Nige2026-03-03 22:09

    Try posting a good in-focus photo of it. Often stamped numbers show up on photos that are not visible to the naked eye.

  7. #7Ironworker562026-03-04 08:10

    I will try to get better ones

  8. #8AllDodge2026-03-04 09:34

    The plate looks like a sander was taken to it. Like maybe someone stole the machine many years ago

  9. #9Ironworker562026-03-04 10:05

    I did that trying to reveal the numbers from being painted over and then realized what was happening but by then it was too late I was hoping to lightly sand it by hand and then they would show up but didn’t work

  10. #10AllDodge2026-03-04 10:12

    Wasn't saying anything about you, don't see your light sanding doing what I was seeing. This happened a long time ago. I have an 85J loader, and my plate is in good shape

  11. #11Nige2026-03-04 15:53

    Look around the area where the plate is. The S/N should be stamped on the frame, however it may be obscured by layers of paint.