Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Brake band removal on 1961 D4

cb1 · 2020-06-23 17:52

The anchor pins are stuck tight. Can the bands be removed without taking the anchor(s) out? According to the manual, remove the front bolt, leave the rear bolt attached to the anchor shaft and remove shaft with bolt and bracket. Well, after 59 years, it don't come out. We made a slide hammer assemble and could not get it to move. And now, we broke a grade 8 bolt off in the shaft. I'm sure I can get the broken bolt out, but just want to know if the band can be removed without taking the anchor out as per manual? Any help would be appreciated.. Thanks, cb1

Replies1
  1. #1cb12020-06-23 17:56

    Forgot to add, does anyone know if the hole for the anchor shaft is blind or if I take the main cover off, will I be able to punch the anchor shafts out from the inside? Thanks again, cb1