Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Cat D6D won’t move

Bighead · 2020-06-23 22:54

I have a D6D, we were pushing up windrows and pushed up a pile and went to back up and now the dozer won’t move either direction in any gear.

Replies11
  1. #1newguy2k32020-06-23 23:20

    Check trans pump pressure. Pull the floor plate and see if the driveshaft is intact and turning as well

  2. #2mg23612020-06-24 04:48

    Welcome to HEF Bighead ! CAT guys will need a serial number.

  3. #3Vetech632020-06-24 07:27

    Do your hydraulic functions work?

  4. #4Bighead2020-06-24 09:26

    Thanks for responding guys. Drive shaft is intact and my hydraulic functions still work.

  5. #5dozr2020-06-24 10:10

    check shift lever could have fell off did it make any sounds

  6. #6Bighead2020-06-24 10:35

    Shift lever is still functioning. No sounds just stopped all of a sudden

  7. #7Bls repair2020-06-24 11:35

    Snapped or stripped axel shaft?

  8. #8Bighead2020-06-24 11:38

    I believe I have a transmission pump bad. I checked pressure at filter and have no pressure.

  9. #9dozr2020-06-25 09:25

    i have had a bearing to go down on pump shaft but did not stop tractor just made knoting noise. it is on flywheel housing left side sitting in seat, axel will not do it it would still pull one side, have had clutch pack in trans to fail but it made hell of noise then would not move but that was on d5b not d6d if no presser you are going to have to start with pump, and see if it is turing and go from there.

  10. #10Bighead2020-06-25 13:48

    Sweet. I’ll try that. Start with the pump and I’ll report back to see what I find. I also have a D6D that after you run it for a while the left side will quit pulling. I have to figure out what wrong with is as well

  11. #11dozr2020-06-26 08:36

    that with comon cents has to be steering cluch out of adjust or wore cluch dish on left side